Keeping Monroe 'Neat' and 'Clean'
Maintaining standards of neighborhood, and maintaining standards of business establishments is important to the aesthetics of our great city. To maintain the beauty of our town, the City of Monroe has adopted some ordinances that regulate property maintenance.
- grass, weeds, and overgrown vegetation
- outside storage
- inoperable and unlicensed vehicles
- parking on grass
- exterior maintenance of property, including paint, rotted wood, and broken windows
- storm water system pollution
- illegal signs
- unlicensed home occupation
The City's Code of Ordinances brochure provides additional details about property maintenance and code enforcement. To report a violation or for additional information, contact the Code Department at 770-207-4674.