Compatible TV List
What Televisions have QAM 256 tuners? (compatible with the City of Monroe Cable’s new digital signals)
Due to the vast number of makes, models, manufacturers and date of production the City of Monroe Cable cannot provide a specific list of televisions or manufacturers that provide televisions with QAM 256 tuners that would be compatible with the City of Monroe Cable’s digital signals but we have assembled some general information for your reference.
The City of Monroe Cable recommends consulting with a knowledgeable sales person who would be able to identify whether the television you are looking to purchase is equipped with a QAM 256 tuner. You may also review the manufacturers specifications for the television as that will help identify the type of tuner the television has.
It is important to be cautious of the televisions that are priced very cheaply as manufacturers can save production expense by not equipping the television with a QAM 256 tuner therefore allowing them to sell the television at a lower price.
It is important to note that these are just general guidelines and are not all inclusive.
If you already have a television with a digital tuner the best way to determine if you have a QAM 256 tuner is to run the Auto Program or Re-Scan feature on the television. When this is complete if you have all the City of Monroe Cable digital channels then your television has a QAM 256 tuner. If you don’t have any channels or you have just a few channels, then your TV likely does not have a QAM 256 tuner.
MAKES/MODELS EQUIPPED WITH QAM TUNER
- Coby Model TFTV3229 32" has a compatible QAM tuner
- LG Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Olevia Model 226-T11 has a compatible QAM tuner
- Samsung All models since 2009 have a QAM tuner (fifth digit of model number must be B or higher)
- Sansui Model HDLCD3212C has a compatible QAM tuner
- Seiki Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Sharp Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Sony Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Toshiba Most models since 2007 have a QAM tuner
- Vizio Model VOJ320F1A has a compatible QAM tuner. Recent models have a QAM tuner
- Westinghouse Some models require QAM tuner activation. Try activation code 14159
MAKES/MODELS NOT EQUIPPED WITH QAM TUNER
- Dynex Only limited models have a QAM tuner - DX-32L151A11 is NOT compatible
- Element Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Emerson LC320EM2F, LC401EM2F, EWL20S5B are NOT compatible
- LG Models made prior to 2007 are NOT compatible
- Sylvania Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- HiSense Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Insignia Only limited models have a QAM tuner
- Magnavox P2MF23ID/37 is NOT compatible
- Proscan Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- RCA Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Samsung Models made prior to 2009 are NOT compatible
- Sceptre Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Seiki SE24FT01, SE47FY19 are NOT compatible
- Sharp 32″ Aquos is NOT compatible
- Sony Models make prior to 2007 are NOT compatible
- Sylvania Do not appear to have QAM tuners
- Toshiba Models made prior to 2007 are NOT compatible
- Westinghouse DWM32H1G1, DWM32H1Y1, DWM42F2G1, EWM24F1Y1, LTV-27W2, DWM42F2G1 are NOT compatible
COMPATIBLE EXTERNAL TUNERS
Iview 3200STB – amazon.com
Iview 3500STBII – amazon.com
If you are plugging in your TV for the first time and you are using the TV's tuner, run the "Auto Program":
• Go to the Menu, Programming or Action Button on your remote (some TVs also have a menu button on the TV)
• Go to the Setup/Channel area of the menu
• If you are prompted to choose between Off-Air and Cable, Select Cable.
• Go to Auto Program and select it.
• Your TV should now automatically scroll through the channels.
• Save the changes and Exit.
If you have a Vizio TV and you are not getting all the channels, try the following:
1. Shut off TV.
2. Disconnect CATV connection from back of TV
3. Turn TV back on.
4. Run Channel Scan/Setup on "Cable".
5. Turn off TV
6. Re-connect CATV connection.
7. Turn TV back on.
8. Re-run Channel Scan/Setup on "Cable".
At this point the channel scan should take less than 10 minutes and should find all channels, both Digital as well as Analog. This has been known to work on newer Vizio TVs bought within the past couple years.
External Tuner Setup:
• Follow manual for connections setup.
• Use TV remote and select Input or Source if using Composite, Component or HDMI connections.
• Select correct input. (ie. HDMI 1)
• When you see Installation Guide on the screen press the Exit button on the remote.
• You should now see the Main Menu on screen.
• Use the Left and Right arrow keys on the remote to navigate through the menu. Press the Right arrow key to select the icon of the TV with a magnifying glass.
• Change Antenna Power to Off. Change input from Antenna to Cable. Then select Channel Search.
• You should see a list of DTV and Radio channels. It will take 15 to 20 minutes to complete the scan. When finished press Exit to exit the menu.