Wastewater Collection & Treatment
The Jack's Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant is an activated sludge trickling filter treatment plant that was built in 1992 and then upgraded in the early 2000's per NPDES permit requirement. The plant currently has a 3.4 million gallon per day treatment capacity. The plant serves about 6,700 customers in Monroe by treating wastewater and discharging it back into Jack's Creek. The City of Monroe wastewater collection system consists of over 154 miles of sanitary sewer lines which range in size from 6 to 18 inches in diameter, 1,500 manholes and 8 lift stations.
- CLICK HERE for current City of Monroe Wastewater / Sewage rates.
- CLICK HERE for Septic Discharge Rates.
- CLICK HERE for the Septic Carrier Discharge Permit form.
- CLICK HERE for a copy of our Water and Sewer Sanitation Specs.
- CLICK HERE to download and review the requirements to establish utility service.